Thursday 2 June 2016

Family Time - Glasgow Botanic Gardens & Kibble Palace

Kibble Palace

Kibble Palace - Then
Kibble Palace - Now

Botanic Gardens Glasgow

Glasgow Botanic Gardens - Then
Glasgow Botanic Gardens - Now

On Sunday, my daughter Sophie was attending the Judo group at a High School across from the Botanic Gardens in Glasgow, so I thought I'd take my son in as he's never been.

We spent an hour looking around including in the play park, but any longer and I'd have been dragging around a grumpy 5 year old.


One area in particular he did like (once he read what it said on the door)

 
Venus Flytraps

Once Sophie and John joined us it wasn't long before he couldn't resist the urge to get a picture of me with the naked statue (as always, so mature haha!).
Yvette & the naked statue
Of course no sunny day in the park is complete without ice cream...although we waited until we got home before eating ours.

I would advise if you're prone to passing out with heat, not to venture into the Botanic Gardens as it is tropical heat.  Although there were many leaflets and boards about animals and birds, those are elsewhere in the park so we didn't see any of them (always disappointing).

No comments:

Post a Comment